Viewing the Dashboards
The UWCR dashboards are built using iDashboards, a business intelligence software solution. The dashboards use the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for web browsers. If your browser does not have the plugin, you can download it from Adobe.
There are some known issues with using Flash:
- The dashboards work best when using an up-to-date version of your browser. The dashboards may not work if you are on an older version of a browser.
- Apple's Safari browser does not support Flash. We recommend using another free browser if you cannot view the dashboards with Safari
- The dashboards may work when viewing in a mobile environment such as a tablet if the browser/operating system supports the Flash plug-in. If your device does not, you can also view the site with the free mobile iDashboards application, available for Apple iPad and Android tablets:
Moving the mouse over a chart will allow the user to view the data associated with that chart. Types of charts include:
- Pie, Doughnut, Pyramid, and Funnel Charts: Hovering over the pie slice or segment will pop up the numbers associated with that segment.
- Line, Bar, and Column Charts: Hovering over the bar or line point will pop up the numbers associated with it.
- Maps: Hovering over a map area will pop up numbers associated with the area.
Note: in most cases the charts on the dashboard are linked to each other. Hovering over an item on one chart will automatically highlight data for another chart. Not all charts are linked automatically.
Dashboard Level Values
Dashboards may have a drop down control at the top right corner that will filter the data in the charts.
Clicking on Charts
Clicking on a chart will allow the user to drill into the data presented. Charts that allow the user to drill into additional views have a caret (^) in the title. Clicking on an area in the chart will open a new chart with data filtered by the value of the selected area. When drilling into a chart, the user will see a set of drop down controls showing the filtering values. A return button () in the lower left corner of the chart area will appear, and when clicked will return to the parent chart.
Generating Reports, Data Exporting, and Printing
Dashboards and single charts are capable of producing reports both in HTML (web based) and PDF (Adobe Acrobat) formats. To generate a report for the entire dashboard, click on the report button () in the lower right corner of the dashboard. Clicking will generate a PDF file of tabular report data. Right-click the button to select either HTML or PDF formats. Please note that report generation may take several seconds for an entire dashboard of data.
To generate a report for a specific chart, right-click on the chart, and select "View Chart as Report". Chart reports default to PDF format.
A user can output the data from an Individual chart in comma-separated values (csv) file, which can be opened in an application such as Microsoft Access or Excel.
Dashboards can be printed by right-clicking on the dashboard and selecting "Print Dashboard".